Bedbug Treatment Checklist
So you have bedbugs…
We know they are one of the most annoying little pests that not only cause a lot of itching and discomfort but can destroy a good night’s sleep.
The next step is the treatment itself. Here is a summary of what will happen if the treatment is compliant with the Bed Bug Code Of Practice.
During the treatment your pest control technician will:
- Conduct a detailed inspection of the infested areas.
- Vacuum to remove bed bugs and their eggs.
- Conduct a treatment using a steam cleaner.
- Apply an approved pesticide as necessary, to cracks, crevices and other harbourage points.
- Conduct a gas treatment (where applicable). After the gas treatment, the property will need to be vacated for at least 4 hours.
After the treatment, we recommend that you:
- Open all doors and windows and allow the property to ventilate.
- In the case of Pink Pest Services, we conduct a follow up inspection in approximately 14-21 days. Where further activity is located, an additional treatment will be carried out as required. It is not uncommon to locate further activity during this follow up visit.
In some cases, it can take up to a month to achieve full control of an infestation, as the bed bugs come into contact with the treatment agents applied.
Where a Free Service Period has been offered, we return and retreat, as required, any area covered by the initial treatment, at no expense to the client, for the period as indicated on the initial quotation.
Before engaging any pest controller, we recommend that you check to see that a Free Service Period has been specified because bedbug treatment most often requires multiple visits.
For more information or to arrange a treatment contact Pink Pest Services on (02) 9529 5222 or contact us online.