Bedbug Control Pre-Treatment Checklist
Bedbug infestations have increased by more than 5000% in the Sydney area since 1999. They have now become very common in all areas of Sydney.
Many people assume that getting rid of bedbugs is as easy as a quick pest treatment. Actually, the process is rather more involved and successful eradication of bed bugs depends on significant preparation on the part of you, the bedbug “victim”.
The following “pre-treatment checklist” will help you ensure that the bedbugs are eradicated as quickly as possible and you can enjoy an uninterrupted night’s sleep once again.
Bedbug Pre-treatment checklist
Prior to the treatment you will need to:
- Remove all bedding from beds and ensemble bases. This should be washed at temperatures of more than 60 degrees C and dried in a clothes drier on the hot setting for a minimum of 30 minutes. Place clean bedding in a NEW plastic bag for storage. Return bedding to infested room/s only AFTER treatment.
- Remove clothes from cupboards/wardrobe and wash, dry and store in the same manner as described above.
- Items that can not be washed and dried may be placed in the freezer overnight or be professionally dry cleaned.
- Carry out any specific recommendations that your Pink Pest Services technician makes during the quotation.
- Remove all pets from the property during the treatment and for 4 hours after. (Fish tanks inside the house will need to be covered with cling wrap and the filter turned off during the treatment).
- Children under 4 will need to be removed from the property during the treatment and for 4 hours after.
- We recommend that pregnant women and people with asthma and/or allergies stay away from the property overnight.
- IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO MOVE ITEMS BETWEEN ROOMS OR TREAT AREAS WITH FLY SPRAY OR THE LIKE. THIS WILL MAKE THE TREATMENT MORE DIFFICULT, SPREAD THE INFESTATION AND REDUCE THE CHANCE OF SUCCESSFUL CONTROL.
Where all of the above measures have been completed, Pink Pest Services provides a Free Service Period guarantee in writing.
By combining your efforts with professional bedbug control, your chances of eradicating any bedbug problem increase dramatically.
For more information on bed bugs and their control we recommend that you look at a copy of the Bed Bug Code of Practice at www.bedbug.org.au